Yeah, a book tag! I saw this on Books Amino first, and I decided it’d be really fun to do this one! I absolutely love book tags (I’m sure you can tell), and I think this one can help you get to know a little bit more about me (even though I actually should dedicate a whole post to that, but we’ll see).
Let’s get on to the questions!
What are your top three book pet peeves?
(1) When romance clouds a good thriller/horror book. I’ve talked about this before in other blog posts, and I know for sure that I’m going to make an entire book discussion around this, but I want my thrillers and my horrors to be about thrills and horror and gore, not crappy insta-love and angst.
(2) When a romance isn’t developed well enough. I absolutely hate insta-love and poorly-developed relationships with a passion, and I will rant in my head intensely if declarations of love have been uttered and they’ve only had about two interactions max.
(3) Long chapters. I don’t know if I have a short attention span or what, but if your chapter is more than around 15 pages, it’s just getting way too long for my liking. That’s when I start to get bored easily and lose interest.
Describe your perfect reading space?
I’d love to have an entire reading room or a little nook next to my window so I can lounge in a soft chair and read, but there’s not enough rooms in my house or space in my own bedroom, unfortunately.
Tell us three book confessions.
(1) There will be times that I’ll rant to myself when a guy is being a grade-A jerk, preventing me from actually reading. I have this talent for spotting douchebags in thriller novels as soon as I see them, so when some guy (this isn’t counting evil boyfriends, but just normal annoying guys) is being a sexist jerk or is a serial cheater, I’ll just go off in my head at him. It’s therapy.
(2) I obsessively track page numbers. I’m one of those people that NEEDS to reach page 300 if I’m on page 265 because aesthetics. Tracking page numbers, like, “I’ll stop once I get to this page number” or “I’ll read this amount of page numbers today,” really helps me read a bit faster.
(3) I can’t stop reading in the middle of a chapter. I have to read the entire thing, unless it’s too long. I think it’s mainly because I really like finishing things, and leaving things unfinished drives me absolutely crazy, and I’m always worried I won’t find my space again.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
Never. I’m not a book crier. The last time I got emotional during a book, and you’re probably tired of hearing this book, but A Monster Calls.
How many books are on your bedside table?
I, unfortunately, don’t own a bedside table. It’d be nice to have one to stack all my books on though.
What is your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading?
I can eat pretty much anything while reading, but I don’t have a specific snack I like to eat. I’m not really huge into reading while eating, but I’ll do it if I’m hungry.
Name three books you’d recommend to everyone.
Unwind, Dark Matter, and How to Repair a Mechanical Heart. The first one if you want a dystopian novel that’s less formulaic and more The Hunger Games, the second for those who want an emotional, action-packed sci-fi read, and the third for those who want an LGBTQ+ romance about fictional gay ships that’s both hilarious and heart-breaking.
Write how much books mean to you in just three words.
Like, a lot.
What is your biggest reading secret?
I try to read 100-150 pages a day (if I’m actually reading), and I advise anyone who wants to read faster to do so. Since on average most books are 350 pages, that should help anyone read books in two to three days.
And that’s it for the tag! I hope you got to know a little bit more about me from this post!
Also, I don’t know if you’ve guys noticed, but I did change up the blog a lot! I’ve upgraded the graphics, I finally have cute arrow line breaks, and I decided to go with a whole new theme that I think I’m finally happy with. I hope you like these changes as well; I feel much better looking at my blog now!
What are some of your weird bookish habits/secrets/pet peeves?