“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
So, for some reason, I’ve been nominated for another blogging award by Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books! Thank you so much; I can’t believe I have a second blogging award under my belt now! I’ve now been tagged in so many things; I’m probably going to replace my WWW Wednesdays for a while!
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog
2. List the rules
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
6. You nominate
10 – 20 5 people
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
9. Share a link to your best post(s)
1. I have never listened to the Hamilton soundtrack. I know, I know, this is basically blasphemy. I’ve heard fantastic things about Hamilton, and because of the Booktubers I watch, I have heard some of the lyrics, but I’ve never listened to the full soundtrack. Please someone tell me I’m not alone.
2. I run track and field. I’m great at it, not meaning to brag, but I freaking hate it. With the passion of a thousand suns. The only reason I’m doing it is because my mom thinks it’ll be good for my college resume (even though I don’t want to even do track in college, but that’s another story for another day).
3. I love Gordon Ramsay shows. Hell’s Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, Masterchef, Hotel Hell, I’ve pretty much watched them all. I don’t know, I just love watching him scream and curse at stupid people. I would just die if I got to meet him or even eat at one of his restaurants!
- What are your goals for this year (reading, blogging, life, everything or anything you want to share)?
For reading, it’d be to finish some of the series I’ve been leaving unfinished over the year, complete 20 series/trilogies, and read 200 books. For blogging, it’d be to have this blog for one year, since I’m determined not to! And, personally, probably to work on not being quick to anger, since this entire election has just left America for the worse and everyone is constantly arguing and generalizing. I want to try as hard as I can to not generalize people (even though I’m sucking at it, but whatever).
2. What’s your favorite TV show at the moment?
Uh, I’m not watching much TV right now, but the last TV show I was obsessed with was this show called Eyewitness. Basically, this teen gay couple are making out in a cabin, and get interrupted by a murder spree. One of the boys, who continually insists he’s “not gay” (this is a lie, obviously), wants to keep their entire encounter a secret, so they both decide not to tell what happened, while one of the boys’ mother is a police officer who’s investigating said murder spree AND the murderer is running loose trying to find and kill the boys and try to get the police off his back. Yes, it’s as good and twisty as it sounds.
3. What’s one place you’d love to visit, fictional or not?
Okay, I’m going to try to avoid the stereotypical Hogwarts answer, and go with Night Court for fictional. I think this is a totally obvious answer as to why. And for real life, I really want to go to the U.K.! I will go to the Harry Potter Studios before I die.
4. What do you like the most about blogging?
Well, in the short time that I’ve been blogging, I think my favorite thing is interacting with you guys! My family isn’t huge on reading and some of my friends read, but not as voraciously as I do. So, this is one of the few places I can go and I feel like people understand what I’m saying when I talk about ARCs and understand my awful book fandom jokes.
5. Funny question: Tell us an embarrassing blogging or non-blogging story!
Well, this is going to be an embarrassing non-blogging story! Last year, my family and I went downtown for the 4th of July, and I was reading this gay romance novel that was super smutty on my phone. I was super bored, and I started reading it, and there was this smutty scene coming up, and some guy tapped me on the shoulder and asked me, straight up, “What are you reading?” Of course, I had a mini heart attack (he probably hadn’t even seen what I was reading, but I was panicking, all right?), stuttered out, “Nothing,” (that was an easily spotted lie) and quickly walked off. Embarrassing.
I don’t have too big of a blog yet, so it’s not like I have many posts to choose from, but there are a couple that I’m definitely proud of!
Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm
Ali @ I Wuv Books
Kelly @ Kelly’s Rambles
Mia @ Pen and Parchment
Puput @ Sparkling Letters
1. What are some of your favorite movies?
2. Do you have any pet peeves?
3. What are some of your least favorite book covers?
4. What is your most anticipated 2017 book release?
5. Weird Question: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
And that’s it for the Mystery Blog Award! I only have one more left to go! I’m going to try as hard as I can to not become backlogged with tags and awards. I’ll probably fail that resolution as well.
And also, a huge, huge thank you to all of you concerning what has been happening in the past week or so on my blog. Seriously, this is insane. I’ve gained so many followers, views, likes, comments, and awards, and it’s been happening so fast that I can’t even believe it’s actually going on. I honestly feel like I’m going to wake up and find out it’s all a dream, or this is all going to go away, but thank you, because it means so much to me especially since I haven’t even been here for two months!
Also, I feel like I haven’t written a review in forever on this blog, so the next two days should have reviews! I’ll be posting my ARC review of a sci-fi/horror called Ubo, and I’m hoping to finish Caraval by Wednesday so I’ll have a review up then! I know there are so many people anxiously waiting for me to finish it, and, no worries, so far, I’m in love. And I call dibs on Julian.