So, I find it hilarious that you guys know my favorite book and series and what I read per month, but you don’t even know when my birthday is! So, I thought it’d be nice to have a sort of “Get to Know the Bookworm” post so you can learn more about me and my personality!
On to the facts!
(1) I am sixteen years old. Yes, I’m a teenager! And, yes, sometimes I abandon my studies for reading and blogging! I mean, it’s a bad plan, but my grades are pretty okay, so what’s the harm?
(2) My birthday is December 7. I was born on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor. My mom was born on April Fools’ Day, my dad on the Ides of March (the day Julius Caesar was stabbed), and my brother on St. Patrick’s Day. So, my entire family was born on holidays.
(3) My favorite TV show ever is a tie between Queer as Folk and Black Mirror. Other TV shows I love: Supernatural, Friday Night Lights, Hannibal, Looking, Sense8, Orange is the New Black, Daredevil, Teen Wolf, Eyewitness, In the Flesh, Banshee, Spartacus, Gravity Falls, How to Get Away with Murder, Hell’s Kitchen, Mr. Robot.
(4) My binging abilities actually pass into more than one category. I suck at finishing/catching up on TV series. It’s a huge problem, obviously.
(6) My favorite movies include Inception, Gone Girl, District 9, Hush, You’re Next, Don’t Breathe, Se7en, Would You Rather, Exam, The Circle, The Edge of Tomorrow, I Am Legend, Nocturnal Animals, The Edge of Seventeen.
(7) My favorite Marvel superhero is Captain America. Close second is Deadpool. Yes, it’s highly ironic that those two couldn’t be any more different.
(8) I literally just got into Marvel last year. My first Marvel movie was Deadpool, then I watched the Iron Man trilogy, and then watched the Captain America trilogy. I still have yet to watch the Avengers movies, the Thor movies, Guardians of the Galaxy, the X-Men movies, or Ant-Man, but I’m slowly catching up!
(9) When I was ten, I got hit in the head with a golf club. Like, a real one. I was running past while someone was swinging, and got hit. I had to get stitches, and if you ever see me up close, you can still see a faint scar. Fun memories.
(10) I don’t like chocolate. Or bacon. Or ice cream. Or watermelon. Or grapes. Or mac and cheese. I know, I know; I’m a monster.
(11) My house is Ravenclaw. I’ve only taken a couple of quizzes, but I’m a highly imaginative person and super creative (at least, I think I am), so I’m pretty sure I know.
(12) I have a dog named Ginger. She’s a lab-golden retriever mix, and we’ve had her for four years. She chewed up our TV remote when she was little, and now she just chews through her toys because she has zero understanding of how toys work. She also likes playing in snow, and sitting in front of the fireplace whenever we turn it on.
LEFT: Ginger as a puppy, RIGHT: Ginger now
(13) I have a weird interest in True Crime. I’m pretty sure my obsession started because I fell in love with mysteries/thrillers last year, and just grew the more I watched Buzzfeed Unsolved (which is the only thing I watch from Buzzfeed) and the ABC show 20/20. I’d never like to work in forensics or anything because seeing dead bodies and dealing with psychopaths is not my jam, but it interests me!
(14) I consider myself a Christian, but I’m liberal. Yep, they clash a lot. And my liberal side wins most of the time, to be honest.
(15) At Mellow Mushroom (which is my favorite restaurant ever), I order my cheese pizza without sauce. I know it’s weird, but I hate saucy pizza, and it actually tastes scrumptious, so I recommend!
(16) When I grow up, I want to either be a screenwriter or work in publishing somewhere. I’m leaning more towards publishing because I haven’t written something for fun in years, but I have so many stories in my head that I’d just love to get out of there.
(17) I don’t have braces yet. I should because I have the worst overbite on this very earth, but I’m probably going to get them this year. I’ll be that lame girl wearing braces in college.
(18) I haven’t watched Game of Thrones yet. Okay, so I’ve watched a couple of episodes, but then I got distracted one episode and didn’t catch what was going on, and I haven’t watched it since. It was good while I was watching it, though, so I’m definitely going to try to catch up!
(19) Some artists/bands I enjoy: OneRepublic, Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy, Lorde, Ariana Grande, David Guetta, The Chainsmokers, Sohn, Halsey, Bridgit Mendler, Zedd, Zayn, DNCE, Ellie Goulding, Ruelle, Galantis, Major Lazer, Lindsey Stirling, Pentatonix, Sia, Shawn Mendes, Troye Sivan, X Ambassadors, Flume.
(20) My favorite song ever is a tie between Elastic Hearts by Sia and The Unknown by Dirty South. LISTEN TO THEM.
(21) Guys I crush on: all the Chrises in the Marvel Industry, Michael Fassbender, Jake Gyllenhaal, Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Hugh Dancy, Benedict Cumberbatch, Eddie Redmayne, Sebastian Stan, Matt Bomer, Mads Mikkelsen, Idris Elba, the entire cast of Sense8…
(22) I’m the biggest introvert alive. I’m also shy. And a little bit socially anxious. It’s a fantastic combination in a world that’s loud and desires extroverts.
(23) I currently live in North Carolina. It’s sort of become a trashy state over the year, but, you know, it’s where I live. I want to move to California, New York, or Europe some day, depending on my job.
(24) Like most people, I love Youtube. The channels I watch that aren’t Booktube-related are Pewdiepie, jacksepticeye, CinemaSins, ScreenJunkies, Facts., Philip DeFranco (and his other channel Philly D, TheMostPopularGirls (which doesn’t update much), Don’t Hug Me .I’m Scared (again, doesn’t update much), the Fine Bros., LastWeekTonight, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, and Late Night with Seth Meyers. Obviously, my tastes are all over the place, and I don’t like watching full episodes of late night politically-centered talk shows, only segments.
(25) I’m obsessed with the Game Show Network and the Food Network Channel. I don’t know why, but I just do. I don’t care how formulaic each episode is, it’s just so fun to watch.
And those are 25 facts about me that aren’t related to books! I hope you got to learn a little bit more about me (or we found some things in common)! I really need to do more posts like this.
What are some interesting facts about you? Do we share any facts/interests?