And the second month of 2017 has passed! I can’t believe all that’s happened this month; I’m so excited for what the next month is going to bring in!
I ended up reading 10 books, and having 1 DNF this month! It was pretty meh regarding reading, but I’ll pick it up next month, hopefully!
(1) City of Saints and Thieves by Natalie C. Anderson (3/5) An okay murder mystery thriller with pacing all over the place. You can read more of my thoughts over here.
(2) Ubo by Steve Rasnic Tem (3/5) I got the chance to read an ARC of this weird sci-fi/horror mix. Read my full review over here!
(3) The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles (DNF) I was initially super excited for this book because it sounded weird and awesome, but I read the first couple of chapters and instantly knew I wasn’t going to like it. Also, I heard there was insta-love all over the place, so I don’t feel bad for passing.
(4) Caraval by Stephanie Garber (4/5) I pre-ordered this book because of all the hype, and, fortunately, it lived up to it! Here’s my full review right here!
(5) Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough (5/5) Again, we have another hyped book, and, again, I fell in love with it and its unlikable characters! For more of my spoiler-y thoughts, click here!
(6) At the Edge of the Universe by Shaun David Hutchinson (5/5) I finally read my first Shaun David Hutchinson book, and now I need to read, like, all of his books. My gushing review can be found here!
(7) Allegedly Tiffany D. Jackson (3/5) This was a pretty nice contemporary/thriller novel, but I was really disappointed with the ending since I’ve seen it already before. My review should be coming up sometime in March (I originally posted it this month, but it didn’t get too much traction, so I’ll just re-post it. Am I shallow? Yes.)!
(8) My Husband’s Wife by Jane Corry (4/5) Yet another thriller with unlikable characters that I really enjoyed! Check out my rant-y review here!
(9) The River at Night by Ericka (3/5) A survival thriller that I thought was pretty much okay, but definitely kept my interest! I literally just posted my review this past Wednesday, so if you missed it, (here it is)!
(10) Les Mis by Victor Hugo (1/5) I had to read this for school, and, not surprising to anyone, I hated it. No review is coming because I don’t really review school books, but please pray for me on this upcoming open-book test. #RIPMikaela
(11) This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (4/5) I read this for my Bookmark book (basically, my class had to read and annotate a book, then write an in-class essay about it), and I literally binged this in a couple of days because I’m a huge procrastinator. BUT IT WAS SO AMAZING. GIVE ME OUR DARK DUETS RIGHT NOW, DAMN IT.
So, lots of stuff happened this month. I still don’t know what in the world exactly happened this month or how I deserved it, but it happened, and I’m so thankful. First off, I received 100 followers this month, and a week before I reached two months! At the moment, I have 120+ followers, AND WHY ARE YOU HERE WHERE DID YOU COME FROM WHAT! Also, my stats rocketed. Like, holy crap; I never thought I’d get to over 1,100+ views in a month, but I did? Thank you?? I also received two author requests this month (one I accepted and one I turned down), and a review for the one I accepted is coming out this month, so that was cool! And my social media also did pretty well! My Bloglovin’ is actually being used/followed, and my Instagram is doing well also, so, this month was actually pretty good in terms of blogging, and I can’t wait for the next few months.
Also, I’ve decided to change my schedule! My schedule is changing from Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday to Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I’ll be posting two mandatory reviews a week (Monday and Wednesday) and something else bookish-related on Fridays and Sundays! Hopefully, this works out! Track has started again (someone please kill me), and it runs into my posting schedule during the week, so if I post at odd times or a little late, you’ll know why! I think I’m going to stay with the time I’m posting, but who knows, I might change it!
So, since this was a month that I felt I finally had consistent visitors/followers, I thought it’d be interesting to talk about posts that did and didn’t do well, and some new upcoming features! Interestingly enough, my favorites list regarding books worked out well, but my bookstagram and book boyfriend lists didn’t do as well. My “25 Facts About Me” post is currently my top post in terms of views and likes, which is still nuts to me, so apparently you guys really like learning about me. Also, my discussion post also did really well! My discussion post last month was my highest viewed post as well, so I’m glad to see that you guys like reading them, because I love writing them! Also, awards seem to do well, and wow, I still have two more to go, I think, and I have no idea when I’ll post them.
Also, regarding reviews, it’s so weird. Some reviews do really well, and some do meh. I’d like to think they’re all pretty successful in terms of where they are since I know reviews are the lowest in drawing in stats. I also can never predict what does well. Some reviews of books I think won’t do well because they’re not that popular, but they still do well anyway? Reviews are weird.
Also, I’m introducing three new features in the next few months! I’ll be doing a Monthly Recommendations post, which is pretty self-explanatory and I’m so excited to post because I’ve literally worked hours on these posts. I’m also introducing Let’s Chat, which is basically going to be my Discussion posts except shorter and dealing with topics that pretty much everyone has already talked about, and since you guys seem to love my discussions, I’m super excited to bring this feature in! And I’m also introducing Book Playlists, which, again, self-explanatory! I have no idea if it’s going to do well, but my first one will be coming out later this month, and it’ll be about my favorite series, the Unwind dystology, so I hope you’ll enjoy that! Some other things that I’m adding are seasonal 2017 releases and more unpopular opinions, because why not? Basically, I’m really excited for all these new features, and I hope you love them as well!
Also, I’m finally going to be adding these little social media banners at the bottom of my blog posts now! I think it’s cool to see it on other people’s blogs, and it feels like the most effective way to promote my social media! I’m usually just going to link to my Bloglovin’, Twitter, and Instagram, since I’m not using Goodreads or Twitter, and my Books Amino is already popular enough, and I don’t think too many of you guys are on it for people to care, so there’s that!
Which brings me to the fact that I have Twitter! I know I said I’d never do it, but I’ve totally caved. It’ll be linked at the bottom of this post, but feel free to leave your usernames/links to your own Twitter accounts in the comments section to make it easier to find and follow you guys!
And that’s it for this amazing month! How was your month? What was your favorite read of February? Any accomplishments?