long time, no see, right?
i know that it’s been a very long while since i’ve been on this site, and it was pretty damn unexpected, and i apologize for that, and it’s also why i’m writing this post. i’ve always hated it when other bloggers just…disappeared into thin air, and you don’t know if it’s because they’re busy or if something terrible has happened, and i didn’t want you guys to worry!
first off, i still had the wordpress app on my phone, and i saw all of you guys nominating me for the book blogger awards. i just want to say thank you to all the people that nominated me despite my extremely long absence, even though i didn’t win anything. it truly warmed my cold, dead heart.
second, i’m sorry to say that i’m done with blogging for the meantime. i honestly didn’t think this would happen so soon, especially since i was on such a great trajectory around this time last year, but i knew it was going to happen eventually, since i’m hoping to work for a publishing company, so it wouldn’t be possible to keep up with this blog forever. it kind of got really stressful for me there near the end of the school year, so i ended up going on an unplanned hiatus, and i don’t think i’ll ever come back. but i did want to at least talk to you guys and not leave you hanging!
i did want to update you guys on some things!!!
- i wasn’t reading at all during that time i was gone, which is just great!!!! but, thankfully, since the last days of june, i’ve been back in the reading game, and it feels so good! so far, in july, i’ve read six books, and i might be finishing my seventh tonight. yes, i’m aware it’s only july 9. I HAVE NO LIFE.
- i’ve been watching way too many tv shows, some of them being harper’s island, arrow, scandal, the exorcist (pls watch this show), animal kingdom, and so many more that i probably can’t think of because i’m TRASH
- i’ve skimped out on movies, though. i’m sorry @ movies
- i’ve landed a job!!! i never thought i’d ever get one in high school because when i think “job” i think “going into food service, which is my worst nightmare because i have to talk to people and i am socially anxious and also impatient as HECK” but my mom found a job at my local library where i can be a page, which basically means i put the books back on the shelves and scan them in, which is perfect for me!!! i was highly anxious before the interview and tbh, i cried a lot, but it worked out fine because who am i if i don’t hype up the worst expectations for any and all situations, only for them to turn out fine?
- i never got to post a post that i was super excited about because i honestly didn’t think it was going to get that good reception, but i literally wasted hours on it, but it’s FINE!!! I’M FINE!!! (it’s about my favorite movies, which i compare to my favorite books. if you want to see it, i’ll be happy to actually publish it!)
- i’m really obsessed with watching booktubers’ reading vlogs??? especially haileyinbookland’s. it’s fine i’m fine.
- GUESS WHO’S GOING TO BE BUYING ALL THE SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER RELEASES SINCE I’M GETTING PAID???? (spoiler alert: it’s me)
- am i the only one who has only two book releases for november and december??? yes? okay?
- i am very jealous of all the people who went to bookcon
- i am way too obsessed with bookstagram
- i’m going to yallfest this year!!!
- i’m going to be a senior in high school this year and i’m still shook. i can’t believe high school is almost over and that i’ll be in college and just GAH. I FEEL LOTS OF NOSTALGIA.
- i’ve deleted the twitter app on my phone because it was honestly stressing me out way too much keeping tabs on all the terrible things happening in the world. it’s been about two weeks, and i don’t regret it at all.
- my favorite books so far this year have been the hanging girl by eileen cook, dear martin by nic stone, everless by sara holland, neverworld wake by marisha pessl, the cheerleaders by kara thomas, contagion by erin bowman, obsidio by amy kaufman & jay kristoff, and an ember in the ashes & a torch against the night by sabaa tahir (yes i tried this series again, and it was deffo worth it)!!! READ THESE BOOKS DAMN IT
anyway, that’s really it! i just wanted to update you guys on all the things in case any of you were worried about me, because i didn’t want you to be! i love you all, and i very much appreciate all of you who liked my posts or followed me or commented on my posts or said you were my favorite blog. it means a lot to me, and i appreciate it so much! 🙂
bye for now!!!!